Wednesday, April 22, 2015

First week


Hola Familia! 
 
I love the MTC here! Its the BEST! I love the food, my
teachers, and it's just a really happy place! I just got to go the
temple this morning. Its a special place, that's for sure. I definitely
have felt the spirit and the the reality of being a representative of
Christ. Its probably the coolest feelings I've ever had in my vida (life). I
have two companions, Elder Patterson from Alpine, Utah. Elder
Gneiting from Pleasant Grove, Utah. And no, he doesn't know the Whatcott
name... it's a shame. I really like Elder Patterson. He's a really nice
guy and he is a good listener. He works hard and is a really good
example to me. He came to the MTC or CCM with no spanish. He works
pretty hard. Elder Gneiting knows a lot of Spanish. It's hard because
when we teach he talks a lot, because he knows what to say. Hopefully me
and Elder Patterson can catch up quickly. My district is super
tiny. Its just my companionship and one sister, Hermana Powers from
Roy Utah. I feel really bad for her because she doesn't really have a
companion. I cannot even imagine going through that. The food is
bueno! A lot of tacos, tortillas, cheese, beans but there are some
really good soups and juices. Lots of good fruits as well.
 
 This week I learned the difference between Huevos and Huesos. In a role play when
I was by myself as a missionary teaching some Latinos in the CCM, I was
bearing testimony about how the epiritu santo works and how we can
feel it. This was all in Spanish, however. I said "Usted puede sientir
in sus corazon y sus huevos." They started laughing really hard and I
had no idea until I remembered that huevos is eggs and huesos is
bones. It was pretty embarrassing, but I laughed about it.
 
 We watched a great talk by Elder Holland. He was speaking the MTC in Provo and his
talk is called "No Regrets". He talked about how the mission is
important. How really blessed the missionaries are to have the
opportunity to serve the Lord in his name, with His power and
authority. He stressed the importance of serving a mission in His way
because its His work. That's why the mission rules are important. Its
His work. The spirit has testified to me a lot since I've been here. I
probably already said this, but its the best thing in the world.
Serving a mission is what I need to do. I didn't really get a huge
personal confirmation that I was doing the right thing before I left.
But since I've been here I know its the right thing to do. 
 
I did get those thank you's mailed when I was at the Minneapolis airport. That
was a good idea mom, thank you. I love you guys! You are so supportive
of me and it touches my heart when I think about your prayers for me.
I know that Jesus cristo is real. I feel his love when I'm in the right
mindset. I know the this work is the most important in the world! All
the little problems and things that happen in life are nothing
compared to the importance of this work. 
 
He lives, the spirit is real, and Heavenly Father loves us all. 
 
En el nombre de Jesucristo amen. 
 
Elder Neifert
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Neifert would be happy to hear from you! Please comment below: