Monday, August 31, 2015

Elder Nelson Visits El Salvdor

Hello Hooville!
Woohoo this week was a scorcher too. Its been hot here since day 1. I think that I won't be feeling cold while I'm here.  I don't know how much in Fahrenheit but its like between 35 and 40 Celsius. It's a beautiful place!  I've been giving ties to people in the ward who don't have ties! Some of them just don't use a tie. But at least they have one! I still have a bunch!  (he asked for donations in ties to take with him before he left on his mission)
 
I really don't know what I need. I'm really alright on everything. Maybe a pair of socks. I like socks, but Mom I'm doing great. I've got what I need over here.
It was just the area in our ward so now we will be the only ones in the ward. Our area is the ward boundaries.
 
 
This is what I ate today! They call it a papusa loca. I has beans, chicken, cheese, and jalapeno. Its was really rico! 
Inline image 1
 
This week was a really good one. Wednesday we went to the Temple with just about half of the missionaries in the Mission. I was really awesome. There is so much that I can learn there. It's a really special place. We also had a baptism on Wednesday! The baptism of Jesus Hernandez. Believe it or not there are a ton of people named Jesus or Savior here. The baptismal service was really good. The primary sang, the relief society sang, and Jesus gave his testimony after his baptism. He is the investigator that had a dream about the Book of Mormon. He's progressed a lot this past month and has been going to church without us calling or stopping by to bring him. Instead he gets to church 30 minutes early so he can be there to greet people.
 Inline image 2
 
This week we also had the privalege to have a meeting with President Russell M Nelson on Friday with all of the three missions in El Salvador present. Around 600 missionaries and an Apostle of Jesus Christ. I was able to sing the the mission choir during the conference. How firm a Foundation - All 7 verses. It was really powerful. We sat on the stand right behind Russell M. Nelson and while we sang he turned around and looked at us from his knees. It was a feeling and experience I wont forget. He also shook our hands. I shook his hand! I told him is was nice to meet him, my name, and where I am from. And he said to me, "Bless your heart." What he said was nice but really his eyes caught my attention. As I looked into his eyes I thought about what he has seen with his eyes. Maybe, probably his eyes have seen the Savior. It was a blessing to hear him speak and hear an apostles witness of the Savior, Jesus Christ. One of the things he said was that the biggest accomplishment a man or woman can achieve is father or motherhood. He talked of marriage a little and of the Abrahamic covenant. He said, "I'm excited every morning to wake up and see what's happening with the gathering of Israel." As missionaries and disciples of Christ we are fulfilling the covenant made with Abraham 4000 years ago. I felt the spirit as he talked and I felt the spirit as we sang the closing hymn "Oh Savior stay this night with me". It was so powerful! My testimony and my faith was definitely strengthened through that experience.
 
 
I love you! I know there are true apostles of Jesus Christ on the Earth! How exciting it is to be here in the last days and to be apart of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Neifert would be happy to hear from you! Please comment below: